Stanley is a life-long resident of Chester County. He attended Easttown Elementary School and was a member of “The Renowned Class of 1950” of Tredyffrin-Easttown Joint High School, both in Berwyn.
His working life began at age fourteen, when, “I started at the bottom – cleaning the basement in my father’s store, Harold’s Department Store in Berwyn.”
In 1965 Stan began his law practice as a sole practitioner when he opened his full-time formal law office in the Village of Berwyn – the first law office in Berwyn in the past sixty years. Stan retains his small town values of serving his clients with empathy, competency and reasonable fees.
As a young general practice lawyer Stan handled cases in many areas of the law. Over the years he refined his practice and now concentrates in estate planning and preparation of Wills, Trusts, Living Wills, Powers of Attorney, probate of Estates and real estate matters. He is gratified that many of his clients are the third generation of families he first represented as a very young lawyer.
- Tredyffrin-Easttown Joint High School, Berwyn.
- Drexel Institute of Technology, now Drexel University, Bachelor of Science in Business and Sociology.
- Temple University School of Law, Juris Doctor.
- Reisch American School of Auctioneering, Mason City, Iowa.
- Ongoing continuing education to maintain Attorney’s License and Associate Broker Real Estate License.
- Berwyn-Devon Business and Professional Association. Served three different terms as President. Association Citizen of the Year – 1999.
- Past member and Chairman of The West Whiteland Township Historical Commission.
- Past member and President of Vanderbilt Village Homeowners Association.
- Past member and President of Exton Station Community Association.
- Past member of West Whiteland Township Comprehensive Zoning Commission.
- Charter member and Past President of the Chesterbrook Lions Club and currently an active member of the West Goshen Lions Club and a Melvin Jones Fellow.
- Member of The Legion of Honor of the Chapel of the Four Chaplains.
- Co-founder of The Chester County Commercial, Industrial, Investment Real Estate Council.
- Past member and Chairman of The Board of Trustees of West Chester State College, now West Chester University.
- United States Air Force, 1953-1957. Strategic Air Command, 8th Air Force.
- Adjunct Lecturer, Business Law, Immaculata College, now Immaculata University, 1970 – 1990.
- Mediation Instructor and Trainer, American Mediation Service and Immaculata College.
- Pennsylvania Licensed Real Estate Law Instructor, Polley Associates, 1971- 2007.
- Contributing Editor, 5th Edition, Real Estate Law, Elliot, Klayman & Karp; Dearborn Real Estate Education, Chicago IL.
- Supreme Court of The United States.
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
- Federal District Court for The Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Court of Common Pleas of Chester County and all other County Courts.
- Member of The Chester County Bar Association.
- Member of The Pennsylvania Bar Association.
- Current member of The Board of Directors of The Chester County Bar Association, and The Board of Directors of The Chester County Bar Foundation.
- Has served as a member and/or chairman of Chester County Bar Association committees: Naturalization Ceremony; Continuing Legal Education; The Peoples’ Law School; Sole Practitioner; Probate Section; Realtor-Lawyer Section; Fee Dispute; Inter-Faith Conference; Alternative Dispute Resolution and as chairman of Arbitration panels.
Stan’s available time is spent reading, at the movies, Lions Club projects, sailing on the Chesapeake Bay, reading, traveling, as Chaplain of Thomson Lodge #340, F. & A. M. and most importantly with his five grandchildren and four children.